Monday, July 9, 2007

-bilingual gamer- begins.

I had so much time on my hands that I was getting more and more depressed and unmotivated. The more time that I spent doing nothing, the more and more uncreative I became. This had to stop. I needed to do something. Something meaningful and helpful. And I had a much-needed voice in the community. I was so sick of sites using machine translations of Japanese articles, always crude attempts at trying to make sense of the content. At first, these translations seemed humorous, a debauchery of language. But after awhile, it just needed to stop. The grass was greener on my side. I was lucky enough to spend about half each of my life in Japan and an English-language country. Both lines of blood coursed through my veins, and both spheres of culture bubbled inside my mind. So I finally made the decision, for once and for all, to begin this project, and that it wouldn't end haphazardly like the others. I have a passion for the industry, and I have a passion for language. I would combine these two, and create something meaningful and helpful to others and myself. It was also timely to begin a site such as this, as E3 is beginning this week, so I would have plenty of material to start on. To everyone who happens upon this page, I welcome you all, and hope you stay.